Now Accepting Submissions for Our 2017 Catalog
We're keeping our eyes out for the next big literary star.
Could that be you?
After working as an assistant acquisitions editor, as well as a number of other roles in traditional publishing, our founder has had a big hand in making decisions about incoming book proposals. Those decisions affected the likelihood that a publishing house would issue a book deal. At Lampas Books, he and the rest of our editorial team are looking for the next big literary star.
We are currently accepting submissions in all genres for our 2017 catalog. We are looking for fresh talent--authors with whom we can grow over the next few years. Here are some additional criteria for our new authors:
- A fresh approach to age-old and time-tested ideas
- Compelling writing and strong literary voice
- Attention to detail and a rich vocabulary
- A master at the art of writing who is also a master at the mechanics of writing
If you think you have what it takes to be successful as a traditionally published author, fill out the form below and tell us about your work. Since we receive numerous responses every day, please allow four to six weeks for a response. If we like what we see, we'll ask for more.
Writing Tools & Tricks of the Trade
Are you tired of receiving reject letter emails from agents? Are you curious to know how you might improve your changes of getting published? Here are some resources that can improve your chances of success:
- Check out our acquisitions editor assessment services.
- Position yourself for greater literary success by grabbing a copy of The First Three Chapters: How to Impress an Agent with Your Knowledge of the Mechanics of Good Writing.
PItch a Manuscript
If you feel you have what it takes to succeed as a traditionally published author, please submit your query letter and 3,000-word writing sample below.